how to upgrade spin 7 ssd drive to be 1TB?

the 256GB is just too small for me.  I like to ask before opening up the spin 7. 

FAQ & Answers

• IronFlyIronFly ACE Posts: 18,415 Trailblazer

i think you can upgrade it with a M.2 2242 SATA III 1TB.

you need to open the bottom of your Spin and the SSD will be on the left side, keep in mind that probably this will broke the warranty.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • padgettpadgett ACE Posts: 4,038 Pathfinder

Any replacement for the KINGSTON SSD NAND 256GB RBU-SNS4180S3/256GG LF+HF should fit. It appears you remove six screws and pry off the base cover, remove the battery pack, then one screw to remove the SSD.

This will void any warrenty.  Could use as an external drive while you have a warrenty, then move inside when over.

Sign In or Register to comment.

Who's Online1K

Acer-Chantal
Acer-Chantal
Bedsitdriver
Bedsitdriver
Bluenose1940
Bluenose1940
busu3
busu3
Castor2020
Castor2020
Evilsamar
Evilsamar
GotBanned
GotBanned
KlausWaldheim
KlausWaldheim
loislm
loislm
moef16
moef16
nerdHeidi
nerdHeidi
TeodorTodorov2
TeodorTodorov2
WildBiker
WildBiker
+1K Guests

Join in, share your experience!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Here?

So, what are the rules of this place? Check out our Acer Community User Agreement. Register to get all the benefits of being a member! Get social and introduce yourself in our Welcome Forum, or learn about our ACE Program and What's Happening at Acer.

Assistance by Acer

Drivers &
Manuals

Acer
Answers

Get Product Information
( only)

Acer Support
Videos

Member Highlight

We are honored to have Leostat in the Acer Community. With their dedication, support and effort, Leostat has become one of the main collaborators. On behalf of our Acer Community Team and all of our users, we want to recognize and thank you for your dedication!

Total Posts and Comments: 1084

Total Points:3837

Total Accepted Answers: 153

Leostat Valued Contributor