Aspire 5750 display won't turn on after sleep

Options
13»

Answers

• DreamsInBinary
    DreamsInBinary Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I am having the same issue with the screen not coming back.
    I'm using an Acer Aspire E15 (E5-576-392H). This Problem has happened since day 1.
    If I close the lid for more than a few minutes, the laptop stays on but the screen will never come back.
    I have Sleep Mode Turned Off, Though I have tried every combination that i can think of,
    Including:
        Pressing Keys, Combination of Fn Keys, Changing Sleep/Power/Hibernate Setting, Closing/Re-Opening Lid,
        Moving/Changing Mouse, Plugging in HDMI (with hopes that unplugging it will restore the screen).

I Could not use a restore point, as it is Brand New and was a problem before a restore point was ever made.
    It's clear to me that the laptop is still on and not sleeping or hibernating, but the ONLY solution is to hold down the power key until it shuts down, or Never Close the lid if the computer is doing something that takes time.

If anyone figures out a solution, I'll give you a big CyberHug :P

• Frustration2
    Frustration2 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I have an ACER E-5 ...ES-576-392H and this works for me.  - There are two LED lights on the front.  Hold Power Button down until one LED light goes out. -- Release power button -- Hit power button again and computer will reboot. -- I also have a question. -- Why does ACER still Shut Down when power plan setting is set at "NEVER" for when lid is closed?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    @Frustration2 you should probably start your own thread, so you could mark a solution and others with the same question could find it. Holding the power button down like that forces a full power off, without first doing a shutdown on the laptop. You run a small but still significant risk that the power off will leave your drive corrupted, so it's not recommended for normal practice. Start a new thread and we'll drill down on power plans...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.