docking station for acer 15.6" laptop

Options
Huntsman
Huntsman Member Posts: 6 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hey,

I am wondering if any of the members on this site have found a decent docking station to run their ACER Predator Laptop on? I have been using the Targus Displaylink, but their power supply doesn't come with the right connection even though they show an ACER connection (it doesn't fit the newer predator laptops, I can't speak to the compatibility of older models).  

Anyway, I am in the market and trying to do some research on a decent docking station for the Acer Predator (G9-593-74M4).  anyone have anything?

Answers

• beststevie
    Options

a docking station would be nice, but I think this Thunderbolt 3 is also a similar thing.

I attachted:

- Mouse

- Printer

- HDD external 01

- HDD external 02

- Gamepad

- handy

- USB TV Stick

...connected via 2 x 4 Port USB 3.0  hubs

But better ask your girlfriend or wiife (if there is one around you) before you put the hole in the table.

thunderbolt.jpg

Smiley Happy

• Huntsman
    Huntsman Member Posts: 6 New User
    Options

Thanks for the suggestion on the Thunderbolt 3.  I will have to do some research and see if that is a good option.  Does it provide power too? What I like about the docking stations is I wouldn't have to keep plugging in the power supply to charge the laptop while it sits at the docking station, however, that is the current draw back on the Targus as it doesn't currently offer the right conversion tip for plugging into the charging port.