Overheating - graphics issue

Options
Hunter944
Hunter944 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I have an issue with my laptop Aspire R7-371T - Since day one the laptop overheates quickly and I could hear the fan noise going at maximum 

It still runs normal when it comes to opening heavy office files or chrome ... But once it warms up then it hangs / freezes with anything requires graphics 

Any movie or simple game then the screen starts to flick with freeze in picture & bleeping sound as well 

I submitted to Acer service & they replaced the mother board & screen , but still the same 

I feel it's more to do with the graphic card , or the laptop overheats for some reason 

If some one can advice 

Regards

Answers

• Hunter944
    Options

https://youtu.be/rUKx-nQD5bI 

This is video on how it happens 

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,104 Trailblazer
    Options

Hi,

Which display driver are you using? If you are using Acer's driver from their support site, uninstall it and reboot, let windows install it's driver, if you are using Windows driver, go to Acer Support site, download the VGA driver and see whether it fixes the problem.

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/support-product/5674?b=1

• Hunter944
    Options

Thanks for reply .. It's not with me now because I gave it back again to the service center

But I know they will not fix it , They even didn't accept to receive it on second time saying no problem was found .. I did open one movie for them for 5 minutes and it started freezing again 

I feel it's hardware issue .. It had this problem since I received it with windows 8 , I upgraded to win 10 & the same probelm remained 

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    Options

Does your R7 have the Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework (DPTF) services running ? They are supposed to control temperatures.

• Hunter944
    Options

I'm really not sure but it happened with 3 different versions of windows

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    Options

The Intel DPTF drivers are seperate from the operating system and are usually part of the Acer driver package for your device. They should be visible in device manager. See the enclosed .jpg

• Hunter944
    Options

Just to mention that Acer service called me for replacement since this laptop is not repairable