acer aspire z3 600 video streaming black screen pc symbol

Options
blue32telus
blue32telus Member Posts: 1 New User
edited January 2023 in All-In-One PCs

When ever I try to stream anything (youtube, videos, ect..) online, the video will start to play, then the screen will show a PC with an arrow symbol and go black.  Only if I hold my hand on the screen, will it come back on and play.  Seconds after not touching, the PC symbol w/ arrow will come on again and the screen will go black.  Did not notice problem prior to downloading Windows 10.  Is it a compatability issue on Acer's side?  Any help would be appreciated.

Answers

• silizium
    silizium Member Posts: 239 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options

Did you install any driver for your internal components? Especially the Intel graphics driver should be the latest available. Unfortunately the drivers on the Acer device support website not always recent. Furthermore you should have installed the latest BIOS of your device, it's mostly better to upgrade to the latest BIOS before upgrading to Windows 10. But your problem could also simply a configuration problem with your energy settings, sometime this could happen in conjunction with an older BIOS or transfered settings not applicable for the new OS.

• GoranStojanov
    GoranStojanov Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I had the same issue. Then I changed my video mode from 1920 x 1080 to the lower one 1680 x 1050 and the problem is resolved. To change the video mode right click on the desktop, choose Display Settings, then choose Display Adapter Properties. Then click on the List All Modes, and select a lower display mode like 1680 x 1050. 
  • bocephus
    bocephus Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I had the same issue. Then I changed my video mode from 1920 x 1080 to the lower one 1680 x 1050 and the problem is resolved. To change the video mode right click on the desktop, choose Display Settings, then choose Display Adapter Properties. Then click on the List All Modes, and select a lower display mode like 1680 x 1050. 
    Why have a 21.5" screen if you can't use it?
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Options
    Open Device Mgr. Are there any red or yellow device driver warnings? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• ndl318
    ndl318 Member Posts: 22 Networker
    Options
    I think you just need to look more closer to settings and make a few minor tweaks. Please clarify your situation
  • guruji007
    guruji007 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

hey all

mentioned in the previous post it is the hdmi /pc mode switch near the power .Please replace it and the problem is sloved.

cheers

• Samuel-Acer
    Samuel-Acer Moderator Posts: 687 Moderator
    Options

Hi guruji007,

Thank you for joining our Acer community.

Please be informed, you have posted a commend in one of the older threads which may not get attention from other users. We request you to create a new ticket with detail issue/solution. This would help all the members.

Note: This thread will be now closed.

Regards,

Acer-Samuel

This discussion has been closed.