G9-593 shutsdown by itself

BlackJesus
BlackJesus Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hey guys, so i've recently bought my Acer Predator G9-593 not to long ago, and i'm encountering one problem which is, whenever i watch a video or write my assignments on google docs the notebook completely shuts down on me while the battery is full and the backlit keyboard is off. i want to know if anyone else is encountering this problem and if their are solutions in fixing this problem. also nothing has been done to this notebook yet.

Best Answer

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

Are you using the laptop, while plugged in? If not then make sure that the GPU is set to 'adaptive' or 'optimal' from Nvidia control panel while not plugged in, because Acer only changes the hardware of the laptop but the battery is still the same. It is unable to provide enough voltage for the GPU  while on max load and not plugged in.

Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• Mary-Acer
    Mary-Acer Acer Crew Posts: 868 Acer Crew

Random shutdowns like this generally are a hardware issue that will require service. Please contact Acer support from the contact info posted here, to inquire about warranty repair:

https://www.acer.com/worldwide/

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

Are you using the laptop, while plugged in? If not then make sure that the GPU is set to 'adaptive' or 'optimal' from Nvidia control panel while not plugged in, because Acer only changes the hardware of the laptop but the battery is still the same. It is unable to provide enough voltage for the GPU  while on max load and not plugged in.

Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• BlackJesus
    BlackJesus Member Posts: 2 New User

Sorry for the late reply, but yea the method worked well and after setting it to 'adaptive' mode, the problem is now gone. Thanks for the help