my laptop R3-131T-C1YF Horrible buzzing sound and frozen screen

Options
mlbradley3
mlbradley3 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited October 2023 in Aspire Laptops

I was watching youtube of my laptop (R3-131T-C1YF), when in the middle of the video my screen froze and a horrible buzzing sound started. I've tried to shut it down, but that doesn't work. Usually when I close the lid on my laptop, i have to sign back in... but when I open the lid it just shows the frozen screen. Is there anything I can do to stop this?

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• EliteMan
    EliteMan Member Posts: 31 New User
    Options

Hold down the power button until it shuts down. If that doesn't work it might be something wrong with the laptop so bring it to a computer shop and get it fixed.

• BathMc
    BathMc Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I have this same issue, turning the computer off does not fix the issue, changing settings does not fix the issue. The computer is under warranty, so what can Acer do to fix the matter?
  • Wakie
    Wakie Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I am also experiencing  this issue  where the laptop freezes  when I  watch  online videos. Was there any solution  given for this yet.
  • MatiSailor
    MatiSailor Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I had the same problem.
    Once a week or even once a day my laptop screen freeze (sometimes with loud noise).
    Every driver is up to date.
  • Harewood59
    Harewood59 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited October 2023
    Options

I am currently experiencing same issue. LOUD steady buzzing noise with blue screen and completely frozen. Till now only option is to press and hold down the power button and start the machine all over. My laptop is an ACER ASPIRE 7750z with Windows 10 latest. All drivers are up to date and fully compatible

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

Wow, that is an oldie, and nothing at all like the model this thread covers, other than they are both laptops. You are likely best served by asking your question in a thread of it's own, instead of trying to camp out on this one that's three years old. Likely something is crashing, but it will take a bunch more questions to try and determine if it's software or hardware…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.