My Acer Aspire M5-581T laptop "battery not detected"

btcompbtcomp Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter

My Acer Aspire M5-581T laptop "battery not detected" shows battery not detected. I have taken the battery out, left out for 3 days, reset by holding the power button 20 or more seconds...

I have also reset the BIOS, then had to change a setting or two to get to boot. Now I have not flashed the bios nor updated. But I am leery of flashing the BIOS as I have read some that have not been able to get their laptop to work again.

The problem started a couple weeks ago, when I discovered that my D: drive (mechanical hard drive) wasn't working just the SSD C: drive. I did disconnect the battery and took out the hard drive and found it okay. So it is again working but upon plugging the battery back in, I have not been able to get to work or start on the battery. I did try to measure the voltage of the battery, and of all the connections I tested I found just 2.2 volts on one black & red wire. Now the battery was holding a pretty good charge of 2 or more hours unplugged.

If it is just the battery has used up all its charges then I will purchase a new replacement battery. But if anyone has any ideas, or thinks that 'FLASHING' the BIOS might work & can direct me to the right page, I may try that.

Thanks.Smiley Indifferent

FAQ & Answers