Predator 15 G9-593 dies abruptly

ghaith
ghaith Member Posts: 16 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hello everyone,

3 days ago, I bought the Predator 15 G9-593 with GTX 1070, Windows 10 64bits and an 128GB SSD.

I've been using it for 3 or 4 hours a day and everything looked normal. Today, I downloaded FIFA 17 Demo and the second time I opened the game, the laptop dies completely after a few minutes. I start it and open the game again it dies completely after a few seconds. The laptop is unplugged by the way. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

you need to use it with the AC charger connected

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • ghaith

Thanks for the answer Ironfly.

So I have no choice other than using it with the AC charger connected?? I find this unfair TBH, I've paid a lot of money for it.

Should I go back to the reseller and ask them to do something about it?

• IronFly
    It's normal when you use the nvidia gpu and the processor at full clock, the ampere requested need the AC charger too.

If you are unsure about that, contact your seller or Acer support service.
  • IronFly
    If it still die connected to the AC charger, probably there's an hardware issue.
  • EmperorBorg
    EmperorBorg Member Posts: 21 Networker

You cannot state something generally valid in this matter, but yes, most are not actually trained at all. Tehre are situations where someone that never fired a shot can be singificantly better than the average trained too and the reverse, where you shoot thousands and you're still bad at it. So the training amount is totally dependent on the person.

• ghaith

Thanks for your explanation Ironfly. It looks like there is no problem when the Predator is plugged. Now let’s wait and see.

• EmperorBorg
    EmperorBorg Member Posts: 21 Networker

Somehow I got some mixed replies. I wanted to say here that in order for the laptop to work well on battery the cells must be in perfect shape. I did run a high end game on battery and it worked fine (I noticed later that the power plug was accidentally off).

Generally, as best practice, it's good to have it plugged whenerver you run something demanding. Nowdays battery cells die pretty fast if stressed.

• ghaith

Yes EmperorBorg it looks like it.
    Thanks Smiley Wink