does Acer Aspire VX5-591G (VX 15) usb-c port supports displayport alternate mode?

vwpfong
vwpfong Member Posts: 2 New User
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives

Since this new gaming laptop doesnt have thunderbolt 3, is its usb-c port capable of outputing displayport video signal?

Answers

• Mary-Acer
    Mary-Acer Acer Crew Posts: 868 Acer Crew

No, this port supports data only. 

• AlvaroIzaguirre
    AlvaroIzaguirre Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited July 2018
    Then there is no way to connect more tan one monitor?, don't you think this is kind of stupid in a "gaming" laptop?. Is it possible to connect the laptop to a docking station? i.e. a Targus generic dock station?
  • pg0
    pg0 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi, any News????
    I'm trying to connect my vx-5 on the second external monitor since july. I tryed many models of adapters and nothing until now. 
    When I bought my laptop, the site informs that this model is compatible with 4k via usb-c but there are no mentions of the type of connection (HDMI, DisplayPort, VGA) so I tryed both HDMI and VGA, unsuccessfully.
    Thanks

• jonasalima
    jonasalima Member Posts: 1 New User
    pg0 said:
    Hi, any News????
    I'm trying to connect my vx-5 on the second external monitor since july. I tryed many models of adapters and nothing until now. 
    When I bought my laptop, the site informs that this model is compatible with 4k via usb-c but there are no mentions of the type of connection (HDMI, DisplayPort, VGA) so I tryed both HDMI and VGA, unsuccessfully.
    Thanks

Se você sentiu-se enganado - como eu - vamos conversar. Vou abrir um processo coletivo contra Acer pq isto é um problema para centenas de pessoas que compraram essa versao do notebook "gamer". Nunca terá 144hz. simples assim
  • Evillegolas
    Evillegolas Member Posts: 1 New User
    pg0 said:
    Hi, any News????
    Thanks

Se você sentiu-se enganado - como eu - vamos conversar. Vou abrir um processo coletivo contra Acer pq isto é um problema para centenas de pessoas que compraram essa versao do notebook "gamer". Nunca terá 144hz. simples assim
    Olá jonasalima, você entrou com o processo? Se sim, qual foi o resultado, estou interessado em fazer o mesmo, obrigado.
  • Mullemuh
    Mullemuh Member Posts: 5 New User
    Hi guys,

I have the same problem. I wanted to connect a second monitor via USB C 3.1 - HDMI converter.
    It worked perfectly with a Dell Notebook. Also I tested it with different monitors - same result!
    Using directly HDMI Port worked!

The converter has additional UDSB ports. That worked. Only the grafical Interface HDMI and VGA are not working!

When I connect the converter, monitor don't get a signal. First idea to have more electric power (added via USB) did not work.
    Normally a specific driver is not needed, so I assume a firmware update of the BIOS is needed, right?

Model: ACER VX 15 |
    Backsign Modeltype: Aspire VX5-591series ModelNo| N16C7, 
    System BIOS Version: V1.06 --> Update with Version 1.8 as well not possible!
    GOP Version: Intel(R) GOP Driver [9.0.1053]

What is the solution? Getting rid of Acer and buy a notebook of another vendor that supports standards?
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Mullemuh said:
    Hi guys,

I have the same problem. I wanted to connect a second monitor via USB C 3.1 - HDMI converter.
    It worked perfectly with a Dell Notebook. Also I tested it with different monitors - same result!
    Using directly HDMI Port worked!

The converter has additional UDSB ports. That worked. Only the grafical Interface HDMI and VGA are not working!

When I connect the converter, monitor don't get a signal. First idea to have more electric power (added via USB) did not work.
    Normally a specific driver is not needed, so I assume a firmware update of the BIOS is needed, right?

Model: ACER VX 15 |
    Backsign Modeltype: Aspire VX5-591series ModelNo| N16C7, 
    System BIOS Version: V1.06 --> Update with Version 1.8 as well not possible!
    GOP Version: Intel(R) GOP Driver [9.0.1053]

What is the solution? Getting rid of Acer and buy a notebook of another vendor that supports standards?

Your model does not support Display Port or HDMI using USB C

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★