Liquid jade primo keeps switching off

mikeyb
mikeyb Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi,

I've recently purchased the liquid jade primo, but from day one it's always had this strange issue.

Whenever the screen goes blank, say after the time out period has elapsed or I've pressed the side button briefly (not held it down to specifically shutdown the phone), if I don't access my phone within around 5 minutes it powers off completely.  It doesn't matter how much charge the phone has, I've even tried factory setting it just in case an update had a glitch but the same issue is occurring.

Any advice/guidance greatly appreciated,

Thanks

MikeyB

Answers

• mikeyb

Any chance of a reply to this post please

• Puppy
    Puppy Member Posts: 15 New User

There is no solution because Acer provides no support for this phone Smiley Frustrated You need update to latest Windows 10 Mobile version (the version you have is almost two years old). It must be confirmed by Acer first *) to enable delivering the update on your phone but the company does not care at all. Acer has killed the device by their Android-like approach of no further software updates once you buy it.

I would return it and buy Microsoft Lumia or HP Elite Windows phone since these two vendors provides support and regular monthly updates. Acer is able to make Android trash only where customers are satisfied with always buggy and vulnerable non-updated systems, this approach does not work for Windows Mobile users.

*) Official Acer support response is that delivering Windows 10 Mobile updates is up to Microsoft but this is not true. Microsoft provides software updates to OEMs (like Acer), the OEM must test it first on their device and then send confirmation to Microsoft "yes, it works". Upon the confirmation Microsoft enables delivering the update on particular device. But Acer doesn't bother to test and confirm anything.

• mikeyb

Thanks for the feedback Smiley Happy

From your update regarding the age of the software my phone is using, I don't see this issue as being a software based one.  Before posting I checked forums and reviews for this phone, none of them indicated a known fault was that once the screen goes blank due to the timeout setting elapsing, it will then power off completely.

As for alternatives, in reality there are none as far as I can see.  I was after a half decent Windows phone at a midrange price, the HP is a business phone in both spec and price, even Microsoft's own website shows either the 950 or 650 as being out of stock, and have done for a while.  

• Puppy
    Puppy Member Posts: 15 New User

The price of HP one will drop. I am in Europe, both Lumia 950 and 650 are still in stock over here in smaller eshops but the price is going up. Lumia 950 and XL have returned to Microsoft Store US and Canada in January. Think about it.

There are very few reviews and user experience of this Acer phone because of the no support issue. The price dropped to 40% over here but even for such low price the device remains a useless dead brick. Some users reports that even Insider Preview builds are not supported so you can not use it as a cheap device for testing either Smiley Frustrated

If you are advanced user and want to play with that device you can find some tips and hacks in XDA Developers forums. But it is still far from everyday normal reliable device usage pattern.

Acer ? Never again.

• luke_singer
    luke_singer Member Posts: 54 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    This problem is fixed in Anniversary Update. Install the app Windows Insider and upgrade your phone to Anniversary Update via Insider program. After your have upgraded, exit immediately from the Insider program.
  • luke_singer
    This problem is fixed in Anniversary Update. Install the app Windows Insider and upgrade your phone to Anniversary Update via Insider program. After you have upgraded, exit immediately from the Insider program.
  • luke_singer
    This problem has been fixed in Anniversary Update. Install the app Windows Insider and upgrade your phone to Anniversary Update via Insider program. After you have upgraded, exit immediately from the Insider program.