New Predator XB241YU mini freezes/ stuttering problems

Options
Wooohah
Wooohah Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I... have tried everything, I have asked on different forums and exhausted most if not all the google links, as well as called Acer Predator support... please help.

So this may be a slightly long thread as this problem is rather strange, I will try to split it up into different sections with explaining my problem as well as things I have tried and then at the bottom my system specs. Thank you.

I'm running an Acer Predator XB241YU and a Samsung S24D300HL. Acer is a 1440P 144hz Gsync enabled monitor, while the Samsung is a basic 1080P 60hz monitor.

I have tried tests running both and just singular monitors.

Before I got this monitor I was running the 1080P 60hz Samsung and a 720P 75hz Samsung. I did not have any of these problems.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Problem

-Freezes on startup/ pulling up Personalization/ display settings.

I have a video of this actually. SOMETIMES (Not always, but very often) when I right click on the desktop and pull up personalization or display settings, there will be a small freeze when its loading up. It should be instant, but halfway through it freezes for about 0.75 seconds while its still transparent.

This happens when only the Acer is plugged in and when the Acer and Samsung are plugged in.

This will happen on either screen when they are both plugged in.

This will not happen if I am only using the Samsung.

Same type of weird freeze happens at the start of where windows starts up and it goes to the lockscreen.

I also sometimes get a small freeze when I open up Nvidia Control panel, so it seems like its just opening up programs in general at times.

(VIDEO OF PROGRAM FREEZING)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iFEQ_bQ3to

2) Mini freezes/ Stutter in videos (Not microstutter)

I get this weird mini freezing whilst watching videos such as Netflix or Youtube. Video should be smooth but instead every second it has a small freeze for a fraction of a second, like 1/4th of a second. Its not EXTREME, but it is very noticeable and makes watching videos very annoying. Its not quite microstutter, imagine microstutter but a lot slower, instead of stuttering multiple times a second, imagine it stuttering once every second.

This appears to happen when both monitors are plugged in, and will happen on either monitor. It will also happen when just the Acer is plugged in alone. But it will not happen with just the samsung.

(STUTTERING IN VIDEOS, VIDEO)

https://youtu.be/UUY3cMZncd4

Iphone camera is potato, and youtube quality is potato, sorry...

But skip to the start of the 8 second mark, you should notice a little stutter there. Now imagine that kind of stutter happening every about one second, especially noticible on panning.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2) Things I have tried

-Tried using only the Acer

-Tried lowering the refresh rate of the Acer to 60hz

-Tried turning Gsync off as well as on

-Used DDU to uninstall drivers and update to latest drivers. (Was on 375.95 upgraded to 376.63)

-Set power to Max Performance

-Tried Single and multi-display performance mode

-Tried a new DisplayPort cable (was using the one that came with it)

-Tried setting the Acer's resolution to 1920x1080 60hz, problem was better

***Important***

-Tried using HDMI instead of DisplayPort, using this I did not see the problem again (I think) Again it doesn't always happen and I need to try to actually recreate the problem I tried and I couldn't.

I'm not sure how it would fare with two screens, my second screen is HDMI only. GTX 1070 only has 3 displayports and 1 HDMI...

Therefore this is no fix, also HDMI locks it at 60hz and I don't believe I can use Gsync, so what's even the point of paying for this $500 monitor.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3) Extra Information

-I do not seem to be having any stuttering issues with games... Its just the pulling up of programs or videos.

-With the Acer set to 60hz, it seems to be slightly better but does not fix it.

4) System specs:

I got this system built professionally on like the 17th of December 2016.

-i5 6600k

-EVGA GTX 1070 FTW

-2x8GB (16GB) Gskill TridentZ 3200mhz (non OC so stock 2133mhz)

-ASUS Z170 Pro Motherboard

-EVGA 750W G2 PSU

-Samsung EVO 250GB SSD for main boot drive

-Corsair H55 with 2x fans, 4x Noctua case fans and 1x Corsair case fan.

-Windows 10 home (Up to date)

-Nvidia driver version 376.33 (Current) also tried 375.95.

-I HAVE NOT OVERCLOCKED ANY OF MY COMPONENTS FROM THEIR STOCK CONFIGURATIONS.

.. please help me. I swear I get some sort of weird problem every single time I get a new piece of technology, I did not think that a SCREEN out of all things would give me this weird of an issue. I have an i7 6700k coming in tomorrow and I'm literally almost afraid to get it installed.

[edited to comply with guidelines]