Acer Iconia A1-830 not charging

Detra22
Detra22 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

My tablet has been having a difficult time charging. I have to put it in wierd positions in order for it to charge and sometimes it simply states that it is connected but not charging. I have tested the usb cords and the adapter and they all seem to be able to charge up my other devices with no problem except my tablet. I have reseted my tablet, checked for dust in the usb port, made sure the prongs on the usb are visible but nothing seems to help. I believe the problem is related to my usb card since when I am able to charge to charge it the battery last for a great amount of time.

I am no longer under my year warranty and I wanted to know is it possible for me to fix it on my own and if not what would be the possible price that acer will charge for this problem when my warrenty has expired?

Answers

• Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru

We suggest you contact Acer support for help, as it seems to be a hardware issue and your device is out of warranty so they can assist you.

http://customercare.acer.com/customercare/Default.aspx#_ga=1.14783541.263337500.1415824428

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.
  • Mary-Acer
    Mary-Acer Acer Crew Posts: 868 Acer Crew

Sorry to hear your tablet is not charging. While we would be unable to provide instructions on how to repair, we can offer out of warranty service to fix it. Please go to https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/home and click the link for Support then click the link on the left for Repairs. Fill out the form and provide as much detail as possible; you will get an email with the repair fee and the number to call to set up the repair. Since this is a power related issue it would be best to include the AC adapter with the system so it can be tested as well. Do not send anything other than the laptop and AC adapter; you can keep the power cord if it is separate from the AC adapter. Hope this is helpful!