My iconia One 10(B3-A30) takes more than 8 hours to charge

Erickcabral
Erickcabral Member Posts: 3 New User

My iconia One 10(B3-A30) takes more than 8 hours to charge.

I bought it 5 days ago, I am using its charger/cable but it's taking a loooooooooong time to reach 100% charge (more than 5 hours!!!!!!

Is that normal????

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer

There are two charging modes and the tablet/charger are supposed to negotiate the best rate when you first connect them. In the lower power mode the charger provides the standard current allowed via the USB standard, which charges very slowly when the tablet is turned on, sometimes only holding it's own and not discharging when you're active. In the high power mode the charger provides something like four times the power for the low mode, and should charge quite quickly when you're not using the tablet and reasonably fast even when you're being active. Sounds like maybe the negotiation isn't happening right and it stays in low power mode? How does the symptom change if you power the tablet completely off then plug in the charger? Try that and give it a couple of hours then report back with how much the charge was increased...

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Recon
    Recon Member Posts: 1 New User

Had the same problem. Just get a new adapter and cabel or try plugging it into a dedicated wall plug.

• Erickcabral
    Ok, in order to avoid that power mode I reseted the tablet (factory reset), turned it off and plugged the charger.
    It after more then 10 hours (basically all night long), it reached only 85% of charge....

I think there's something wrong...
  • Erickcabral
    I am using its original charger and cable already...
  • Bonny
    Bonny Member Posts: 1 New User
    Recon said:

Had the same problem. Just get a new adapter and cabel or try plugging it into a dedicated wall plug.

But where do you get it and what wattage or whatever do you ask for.  I don't know because mine went missing.  I have an Iconia
     B3- A40 and am having difficulty tracking down a replacement.  Didn't think would be this hard!
  • billsey
    The B3-A40 uses a 2A 5V (10W) charger that connects to the microUSB charging port. That's a pretty standard phone charger, so should be easy to find.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Suet3618
    Suet3618 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Bought Iconia One 10 in July 2018 charging is taking at 24 hours has not reached 100% since original set up?
  • billsey
    Which model of One 10 do you have? Some versions of Android don't track the battery right and show less than 100% even when the battery is fully charged. You can just ignore it.
  • Nat19
    Nat19 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Yhh my acer tablet takes long to charge fully I don’t know if it’s just acer tablets ain’t good enough 
  • Nat19
    Nat19 Member Posts: 2 New User
    I need my tablet for important things so I need it up and charging fast