Predator G9-791-735A G9-791-735A how to get latest Dolby Home Audio Driver?

Options
deygus
deygus Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives

I was having an issue with two errors on windows 10 on this predator laptop that annoyed me so much I decided to reset the pc to restore it back to it's original state then update it to use it like normal again.

I recall getting an update awhile ago before I reset my computer that gave me an icon for seeing a Dolby Home Audio control to use from my system tray before (the spot at the lower right where all the running applications are on the taskbar or whatever it is) and now that dolby tray icon is not  there. I used driver booster to update all my drivers again as I did last time to the latest but even that didn't help so maybe it's a windows 10 thing? 

If I click on the volumn icon and go into the audio settings I can find it but I just recall being able to control it easier from my system tray icon for it before.

I can see the drivers in acer for my computer system but that one is the old one and not the newer one and I can't seem to find it anymore.. Smiley Sad

Any ideas where I can get or reinstall that for the latest dolby version?

2016-12-29_12h37_51.png

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

Try this

check if under C:/program files/Dolby/DolbyDAX2/DAX2_app

you will find DolbyDAX2Trayicon.exe

Then press Ctrl+Shift+Esc click on More details, click on Startup tab and check if Dolby is listed and has the trayicon started.

if not

follow instruction of Option Two point 3 to add it on windows 10 startup:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2944-startup-items-add-delete-enable-disable-windows-10-a.html

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • GRIMS
    GRIMS Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited May 2018
    Options
    lol, im posting to this old thread maybe someone might wonder off
    if you got any problems with the dolby audio installed in acer predators
    go to acer support (drivers & manuals) https://www.acer.com/ac/en/PH/content/drivers
    and copy/paste your computer's serial (can be found on acer care center/support)

download and install the realtek driver from the support site since it contains the dolby audio