broken hinges

RamiK
RamiK Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2016 Archives

after four months of buying my acer 17" laptop I realized a crack on the left back side of the screen cover which I thought superficial, but ended after one year with a broken left LCD bracket and after a few months with a broken right hinge, LEAVING ME UNABLE TO OPEN THE LCD SCREEN AND USING THE LAPTOP even all the electronic parts are working properly.

laptop model (Extensa 7620G)

Best Answer

Answers

• Hello,

Sorry but what is your request exactly?

France
  • RamiK

Hi, Where to find repair parts or Maintenance service in France ?

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,017 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    1. If you know the part numbers, you can order the parts needed from the Acer service "Pièces détachées" or here.
    2. The Acer support will indicate you an authorized service partner nearest to your home: Link
    France
  • Marthee
    Marthee Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi I also have the same problem and it is exactly as described here.  first it starts making a cracking noise when opening/closing the laptop, then it gets worse as time goes by.  Now I cannot close the laptop and have the screen part nearly 1cm open wide.  do we get some kind of compensation for this?

• RamiK

Hi, If your laptop has exceeded the warranty period I don't think Acer will do anything to solve your problem.
    I solved my problem by buying used hinges from ebay, soldering the broken brackets with a gas torch and reconstructing all broken blastic parts of the screen cover using super glue.
    there are some videos on youtube that can help (don't use hot silicon gun; it'll make the situation worse)
    the costs were 60 euros but it is 100% functional now