Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Problems with new Chromebook - Help please!

Hello,

Ive just bought my first chromebook/Acer device and I am having troubles with it.

2 main problems.

First being, I took the word of the rep selling it on what I could use it for.   According to him, I could use it for iTunes.  Apparently this is not the case. Is there any work around?

The second is in regards to printing.  I have also bought a Cannon printer.  MG5750.  

I've got both the chromebook and printer set up ok.  As a previous mac/windows user, I am used to hitting print, and away we go.   Unless I am misunderstanding something, what I need to do on the chromebook is hit print, which essentially saves a pdf to the google drive.  I then have to go into google drive on the printer and select print?  IS this right?  Seems a weird process.

Even doing this I am having problems.  I can see the documents on the printer screen when I log into google drive, but they are not selectable.  Therefore I cant print them.

Am I being completely daft?  IS there a way to directly print from the chromebook???

Help is much appreciate as it was a present for my wife, and she is less than impressed and I am getting very frustrated.

FAQ & Answers