E5-575 Series - No Windows 7 Support

Options
stephens76
stephens76 Member Posts: 1 New User

So I purchased The E5-575 series from a local Microcenter 4 days ago.  I upgraded the memory and added the solid state drive.  I am using this laptop for business purposes, therefore I installed Windows 7 Pro and was shocked to discover that there are ZERO drivers for Windows 7.  After searching for a solution for hours, I contact support who notifies me that I have voided my software warranty, and my laptop is now an expensive paper weight.  I have purchased 8 computers and 3 servers over the past 4 weeks.  All of the other PCs (Dell) have had no issues installing Windows 7 Pro as it is still widely used in the professional world.  I know that there is no solution.  Support will not send me a Windows 10 disk - therefore I will have to purchase a copy on my own so I can give it to my wife/kids to surf the internet (The only thing this laptop is now good for).  I have never had as much buyers remorse with any other purchase as I have with this laptop.  I will never purchase another Acer product for the remainder of my life. 

That is all...

Answers