Acer Iconia TAB A210 android versions

Options
mike01905
mike01905 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2016 Archives

My parents just got an Amazon Alexa Tap.  According to the minimal paperwork that comes with it... you have to download an app to set it up and maintain it.

I was going to install the app on my old Iconia TAB A210 for my parents to use with the Amazon Alexa Tap.  When I go to download the app... it says my device is not compatible.

According to Amazon... they say the phone or tablet needs Android 4.4 (a.k.a. KitKat).  My Iconia TAB A210 only has Android 4.1.1 (a.k.a. Jellybean).

Is there ANY way to upgrade the Iconia TAB to Android 4.4???

Whenever I try th "System Update" in the tablet... I get "Update service temporarily unavailable.  Please try again later.  Status Code: 1001"

Thanks,

Mike

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

no way to officially update it to 4.4, since Acer stopped updates long time ago, that's why you receive that message looking for upgrades.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • mike01905
    mike01905 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

OK... so there is no way to officially upgrade the tablet to Android 4.4.

Is there a way to un-officially upgrade it to Android 4.4... or was  Acer the only source for the Android upgrade since it is an Acer tablet???

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

there are some custom roms around the web but this involve that you will be able to root your device and install the custom rom.

this can brick your device if done in the wrong way and can't be discussed on this community board.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • COMAN
    COMAN Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Erreur 1001

Pas de mise a jour systeme ? Pourquoi

Pourquoi echanges conversation en anglais, allemand , espagnol, portugais et pas en francais qui est pourtant la langue de l'europe

Merci de prevoir une traduction en ligne automatique cela faciliterait les echanges

Avec mes remerciements anticipes

• Phil-3
    Phil-3 Member Posts: 1,181 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

[Moderator] Translated from French via online translator:

Fatal error 1001
    No system update? What for
    Why conversation exchanges in English, German, Spanish, Portuguese and not in French which is yet the language of Europe
    Thank you for providing an automatic online translation that would facilitate the exchange
    With my early thanks