The LEDs of the Predator logo light on the lid can be seen through the screen

rods
rods Member Posts: 1 New User

After waiting for nearly 1 month for my new Acer Predator 17 (1060) to arrive, I discovered that the screen has a problem. Whenever the Predator logo on the lid is on, it is possible to see the LEDs of the logo through the screen. This problem is very evident particularly when the screen is dimmed a little, you can see how it looks here or in the attached image:

http://imgur.com/a/firTa

Those red lights are NOT a reflection, it is how it looks when the background is white and I dim the screen a little. After reading a couple of forum posts, I discovered that it is impossible to disable that light unless I turn off all the lights of the keyboard, which I could do, but frankly I'd rather have this problem fixed.

Has anyone seen something like this? This is the first time I buy an Acer product and I am very disappointed because after waiting for so long for the computer to arrive, now I have to send it for repairs. What happened to quality control? Specially in a product that is supposed to be premium. Man Sad

acer predator problem.jpg

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder

I remember someone posted a topic in this forum experiencing the exact same problem. I never though that another laptop of such a calibre can have the exact same defect. This is actually funny. I suggest you to send them back the laptop for repairs.

Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!