Am I the only one with a noisy fan on Swift 3?

Options
2»

Answers

• Mpegleris
    Mpegleris Member Posts: 31 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Hi guys! I'm with swift 3 ryzen 5 and I have to say that I'm impressed how quiet it is. I'm running low cpu condition and high at 100%. I think your fan problem it is because running many backround things.. cntr-alt-del see what is running and close them. Also check out what is programmed to run each time you open the laptop. Acer Care Center will help you to set priorities about what programs will open with boot.
  • Rainy
    Rainy Member Posts: 15

Tinkerer

Options
    Mpegleris said:
    Hi guys! I'm with swift 3 ryzen 5 and I have to say that I'm impressed how quiet it is. I'm running low cpu condition and high at 100%. I think your fan problem it is because running many backround things.. cntr-alt-del see what is running and close them. Also check out what is programmed to run each time you open the laptop. Acer Care Center will help you to set priorities about what programs will open with boot.
    Does the fan also quiet when running Lightroom and processing RAW file ?

Thank
  • LegatusOnoris
    LegatusOnoris Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    You have the ryzen 5, not the kaby lake. 
    So maybe ryzen keeps the temperatures lower than kaby lake U.
    A yeas has passed during when I tried everything: the only solution is the one I posted at the end of page 1.
  • Mpegleris
    Mpegleris Member Posts: 31 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Options
    Rainy said:

Does the fan also quiet when running Lightroom and processing RAW file ?

Thank
    I'm running protools and I'm making multitrack recording also I'm using adobe premiere pro for video render for photos I'm using photoshop cc 2017. ALL of these programs when running on swift 3 making low fan noise, actually it must be at night in a quite room to hear the fan running... And I say for ryzen cause this is one is more sensitive in high temps than kaby.. intel cpus can go up to 100 degrees...
  • harterol
    harterol Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Any updates on the issue? I bought the laptop a week ago, installed the Acer Care Center, all updates have been installed, but the fan is still running most of the time. 
  • Mike13100
    Mike13100 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    harterol said:
    Any updates on the issue? I bought the laptop a week ago, installed the Acer Care Center, all updates have been installed, but the fan is still running most of the time. 
    I recently bought Swift 3, same troubles : either CPU run below 20% or above 80%. Fan is turning really fast and disturb me while working at night. I opened it, changed the thermal paste. Since then, no noise from the fan ! For me it worked perfectly. 
  • suv81
    suv81 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    I have a Spin 3, not Swift 3 that has i5 Kaby Lake U chip. The fan is almost always running with some noise. There's no sticker jutting out over the fan in my case. I can make it quieter by lowering the max CPU performance to 40%, but that is not a permanent solution. There is no sense to run a Kaby Lake i5 with the same performance as a Celeron.

The other day I saw the new Ryzen Swift 3 model bought by one of my friends. It's amazing and makes noise only under heavy load.

The warranty on my unit is over. I am taking this to a repairer to check the thermal paste and will update here. My usual guy tells me unless it's an aggressive BIOS setting that runs the fan at full speed always, bad quality or improper application of thermal paste is almost always responsible for this problem.
  • Batmaci
    Batmaci Member Posts: 56 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options
    Mike13100 said:
    harterol said:
    I recently bought Swift 3, same troubles : either CPU run below 20% or above 80%. Fan is turning really fast and disturb me while working at night. I opened it, changed the thermal paste. Since then, no noise from the fan ! For me it worked perfectly. 
    but when you open during the warranty time, warranty will be invalid i guess