Acer Switch Alpha 12 stylus

Chive
Chive Member Posts: 7 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Which stylus other than Acer's can work with the Switch Alpha 12?

Answers

• Chive
    Chive Member Posts: 7 New User
    Anyone?
  • AlexKim71
    AlexKim71 Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/42675/~/acer-products-that-support-an-active-stylus#_ga=1.216818207.804313557.1469624750)

According to the above link, one type of stylus other than the one that comes with SA5-271 works well on it. But so far I haven't found any non-Acer styli. It is reported that when DELL 750-aagn hovers on SA5 screen, the pointer follows but clicking doesn't work.  

• AlexKim71

Tinkerer

http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/42675/~/acer-products-that-support-an-active-stylus#_ga=1.216818207.804313557.1469624750)

According to the above link, one type of stylus other than the one that comes with SA5-271 works well on it. But so far I haven't found any non-Acer styli. It is reported that when DELL 750-aagn hovers on SA5 screen, the pointer follows but clicking doesn't work.  

• silizium
    silizium Member Posts: 239 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

Are you sure that the Microsoft Surface Pen will not work with the Acer Switch Alpha 12? I thought this is only a matter of bringing the Wintab driver to work? A passive pen is working flawlessly by the way, passive pens seem to work.

• AlexKim71

Tinkerer

Are you sure that the Microsoft Surface Pen will not work with the Acer Switch Alpha 12?

--> Yes I'm sure since I've tried my N-Trig(compatible with MS Surface) pens (HTC, SONY) on SA12.

I thought this is only a matter of bringing the Wintab driver to work?

--> I installed a Wintab driver on SA12, and N-Trig pens still didn't work.

A passive pen is working flawlessly by the way, passive pens seem to work.

--> To the best of my knowledge, passive pens are compatible with most touch-support (regardless of pen support) devices, but not suitable for detailed work such as drawing and handwriting.

• silizium
    silizium Member Posts: 239 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

That's bad news. I was hoping I could exchange the Acer stylus with the Surface stylus. It may be the Acer stylus itself or the Switch Alpha 12 that is producing a light line waving if you draw a line.

• GeorgeAzLa
    GeorgeAzLa Member Posts: 1 New User
    I've tried Bamboo Ink and it doesn't work too,  as the company states in its compatible devices' list. I think Acer should sell the tip separately as many other companies does.