Acer KG240A Flicker / Black Screen Issue

Options
CrazyGuy
CrazyGuy Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi,  I bought a brand new Acer KG240A monitor.

However when attempting to use it, I will get random flickers or the screen will go completely black for a short time and then go back to normal.  When the screen goes black the power light remains on and there is nothing on the screen at all, like no signal loss or anything like that just a black screen.

It is completely random of how often or when it happens.

System Specs:

AMD FX-8350

Asus Sabertooth 990FX

16 GB DDR3 G.Skill Sniper Ram

Sapphire R9 390X Nitro 8GB

EVGA G2 750W PSU

Windows 10 Home 64-Bit

I am using display port and the monitor is set to 1920x1080 @ 144Hz and freesync is enabled.

I am running AMD's Relive driver 16.12.1

I should note that I am using the same display port cable I was using on my old monitor, and that worked fine.

Is this going to be fixable or should I pack it up and return it?

Thanks.

Best Answer

• Mary-Acer
    Mary-Acer Acer Crew Posts: 868 Acer Crew
    Answer ✓
    Options

Not all cables will work with all monitors. Whenever you have problems with the display try a different cable even if the one you are using works on another PC or monitor. If this does not resolve the issue please contact Acer support for further assistance. The number is 800-816-2237 and is available for in warranty support 24/7.

Answers

• Mary-Acer
    Mary-Acer Acer Crew Posts: 868 Acer Crew
    Answer ✓
    Options

Not all cables will work with all monitors. Whenever you have problems with the display try a different cable even if the one you are using works on another PC or monitor. If this does not resolve the issue please contact Acer support for further assistance. The number is 800-816-2237 and is available for in warranty support 24/7.

• CrazyGuy
    CrazyGuy Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I changed display port cables to the one that came with it in the box and so far that seems to have corrected my problem.

Thanks.