aspire E1-572g black screen

psoiler
psoiler Member Posts: 3 New User

acer aspire e1-572g. system restore done sucessfully (windows 10, was working fine but slow). After shutting it down normally and turning it back on a few hours later the screen is black. However, connecting to an external screen via HDMI works and everything seems fine. Sound is fine and integrated web cam is fine. Just the integrated screen not working. Could be damaged screen or some damaged connection to the screen, but wouldn't it be too much of a coincidence seeing this happening after a system restore? (originally the laptop was windows 8.1 but upgraded to 10 with no problems). Thanks!

Best Answer

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,086 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Hi,

The symptoms you describe points to either a damaged cable or failing screen, make sure that it works perfectly on an external monitor, try different positions of the screen and make sure you find a position that works well(to make sure that the cable is the culprit).

If the screen changes display while you move the screen to different positions, you could try getting a new display cable or try to insert it properly, if it has become dislodged.

If the external screen works fine, you need to change the screen.HTH.

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,086 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Hi,

The symptoms you describe points to either a damaged cable or failing screen, make sure that it works perfectly on an external monitor, try different positions of the screen and make sure you find a position that works well(to make sure that the cable is the culprit).

If the screen changes display while you move the screen to different positions, you could try getting a new display cable or try to insert it properly, if it has become dislodged.

If the external screen works fine, you need to change the screen.HTH.

• psoiler

Hello!

Thanks! Yes the issue must be that, now i notice i can see the image very faintly if i try different positions. Will have a look into it! Just found it weird it happening right after a system restore, but yes, it's cable/LCD related definetly! Thank you very much!

• psoiler

I mean cables/blacklight/inverter/lack of voltage on the blacklight.

Thanks!

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder

Press and hold the Shift key and then restart your computer.  Try safe mode.

If you have the Haswell-ULT version of the E1-572, shutting down or sleeping can/will give you black screen if you're using the wrong Intel MEI driver.

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-F-and-M-Series-Laptops/Aspire-E1-572G-Windows-10-shutdown-and-restart-problems/td-p/441973

I'm not an Acer employee.