How do I remove Acer Liquid Home from my phone

Options
sblackwell
sblackwell Member Posts: 8 New User

I don't want Acer Liquid Home appearing when I swipe right.  When I go to settings, neither the Disable or Force Stop buttons work to remove it. How do I get it off my phone?

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

i don't know if you have the latest version of Acer Liquid Home, if not download it from google play and then:

long tap on home screen

tap on settings

turn off Left Page

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • sblackwell
    Options

For some reason Acer Liquid Home is not available for download from the Play Store in my part of the world (Canada).  Thanks for the tip, though.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

check if a system update is available, this will update Acer liquid home

settings/about phone - system updates

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • sblackwell
    Options

Apparently, my system is up to date.

• the_emporium
    the_emporium Member Posts: 61 Troubleshooter
    Options

I'm in Canada (Montreal), and Liquid Home did update on my new ZEST Plus (Z628 / T08).  It did only show up a day later however, so maybe there was some other dependancy which updated first.  It is now at version 2.10.2019.

However I have been using Nova Launcher for many years, and even bought the Prime version, so I quickly replaced the default launcher with Nova Launcher.  Even if you install the Non-Prime version, it is a lot better in my opinion than the default launcher (no ads or annoying features on the free version - only some additional eye candy in prime version versus the free).  I bought it for $0.99 when it was on sale ages ago, just to support the devs (even though I don't use the advanced features).

I like the flexibilty to be able to add more rows/columns for icons on both the desktop, app drawers, and the number of icons on the dock. When using such a large screen (5.5" on the Zest Plus) it makes it for a nicer look. Otherwise, I feel it is like running VGA (640x480) resolution on a brand new 4K 32" monitor Smiley Happy

Anyhow, everyone has thier own preferences.  I just wanted to chime in to let you know that it has nothing to do with being in Canada (at least, not this time).

• sblackwell
    Options

Many thanks for your reply. I have an unlocked Liquid Zest, not Zest Plus. I have also found that the compass function that it is supposed to have isn't there. I'll learn to live with Liquid Home on the phone. I appreciate the help.

• the_emporium
    Options

I was also looking at the unlocked liquid Zest from Costco.  And at $99 it was hard to beat as a deal.. But decided to spoil myself a little and get the bigger brother which also has twice the RAM and storage but at twice the price.  The RAM was my biggest motivation. So I got the unlocked, Zest Plus. I only change phones every 4 or 5 years, so figured why not spoil myself a little near xmas Smiley Happy

If eventually liquid home annoys you, you can always just install Nova Launcher (from play store) and give it a try... If you don't like it, you can easily uninstall it, and it will revert back to liquid home.  It's always an oiption.

The sensors should be the same betweent the zest and zest plus... Did you try installing a compass application from the play store ?  There is no default app for compass installed, even on my Zest Plus, but I went to the play store, and just to test, I downloaded the first compass up which came up on a search (compass 360 pro).  Ran it, it took about 10 seconds, and then it kicked in (I guess it needed to calbrate something or detect which sensor this phone had).  It is pretty decent as a sensor.. Better than my wife's moto g2 which works mostly, but seems to jump all over the place sometimes.   The Zest is pretty decent for compass.

cheers

• sblackwell
    Options

It appears that the Zest has no magnetic sensor so no compass app will work.  They all tell me that.  I guess that's one of the things you get for the extra $100.  The phone also has no gyroscope so it won 't run apps like Sky Map properly.  I'm finding you get what you pay for.  In any case, it's a pretty decent phone for $100.

• the_emporium
    Options

There must be a few different version of the basic Zest (Z525, Z528, etc..).  And each probably varies in these little details.

Different sites, list it with different sensors..  I checked the usual gsmarena, and gsm-specs, and they both show it has accelerometer, proximity and compass sensors.. And gsm-spec also lists it with a gsensor.  Then another  gasgets site, shows it without a compass, but with a Gyro.  

Like you said.. For $100, it is a very decent phone.  Basic, but considering it has android 6, you will be good for a few years..  

The other nice feature on the plus, which so far I'm impressed with is the battery.  Even though (unlike the zest), it is non-removable, it is a whopping 5000mAh beast.  The Zest is 2000mAh, but is removable.