X34 turning off and on with gsync

sub0r
sub0r Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2016 Archives

Hello!

So i noticed that whenever i turn gsync on and i play games my screen goes black and after 2 seconds turns back on for 1 second and turns back off. this continues forever if i dont alt tab out and shut off gsync. Meaning i cant even use that function.

What might be the problem? I got it Oc`d to 100 Hz. 

My system setup is a 1080 with a i7 and 16 gb ram. Shouldnt have anything to do with it tho. 

Nvidia drivers are always up to date since i auto update them regularly.

regards tom

Answers

• Mary-Acer
    Mary-Acer Acer Crew Posts: 868 Acer Crew

Try downclocking to normal refresh and try it. Try 60, 75, even up to 90. Just because it can overclock to 100hz does not mean it will run optimally at that setting.  If it works at a lower refresh rate it should be ok. If not it may need to come in for repair.  You could also try using a different display port cable to see if this helps as well.

• UnCaged
    UnCaged Member Posts: 3 New User

"Just because it can overclock to 100hz does not mean it will run optimally at that setting.  If it works at a lower refresh rate it should be ok"

Are you serious?

Overclocking is the big selling point and the reason the monitor sells for $1300.

I can't belive you would say that especially when he has the gtx 1080 the best video card you can buy to support this monitor.

now for some useful information...

It could be an issue with the cable, try switching out the cable and if that doesn't work send it back.

If you dare

[edited to comply with guidelines]

• iDred
    iDred Member Posts: 3 New User
    Hi, have you figured out the issue? My Acer Predator 240hz monitor is doing the exact same thing. 
  • iDred
    iDred Member Posts: 3 New User
    I fixed my issue by using DDU to uninstall the drivers and reinstall them. Not sure why this would have happened as my monitor did work in the beginning, but it works now.