How do I add an internal CD/DVD player to an Acer Aspire E5-575G-728Q?

Options
MACookie2004
MACookie2004 Member Posts: 4 New User

What components do I need that will fit for installing a internal CD/DVD player on an Acer Aspire E5-575G-728Q? This model has both a 256 SSD and 1TB HDD, so is there even room in the slot where a DVD drive typically is located, or is that being taken up by either the SSD or HDD?

Best Answer

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,051 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello,

Don't worry!Smiley Happy After some research, this motherboard is equipped with a SATA socket for an ODD drive. So!Smiley Very Happy

Here are the part numbers of the ODD modules (bracket, screws, drive and bezel):

Spoiler
    33.MLQN7.001ODD.BRACKET
    86.GDEN7.001SCREW.M2.0X3.0 (Qty:2 - bracket/drive)
    KO.0080D.019DVD.SMULTI.9.0MM.8X.SATA (Hitachi Lg Data Storage)
    KO.0080F.008DVD.SMULTI.9.0MM.8X.SATA (Philips Lite on Data Solutions)
    KO.0080F.011DVD.SMULTI.9.0MM.8X.SATA (Philips Lite on Data Solutions)
    42.GDZN7.001ODD.BEZEL.W/BUTTON/LED.BLACK

You should be able to place an order from these resellers:
    1. Link
    2. Link

France

Answers

• laurent_14
    Options

Hello,

If you remove the dummy ODD (black plastic part), do you see a SATA socket/connector in the bottom of the housing?

LT-ODD SATA connector

France
  • MACookie2004
    MACookie2004 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

Actually don't have this computer in hand. Iwas trying to see if this was a possibility before purchasing the laptop. I wish sites that sold computers would also include a picture of the computer opened up, not just glam shots of the exterior Smiley Happy And I haven't found a youtube clip yet of someone opening this model up.

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,051 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello,

Don't worry!Smiley Happy After some research, this motherboard is equipped with a SATA socket for an ODD drive. So!Smiley Very Happy

Here are the part numbers of the ODD modules (bracket, screws, drive and bezel):

Spoiler
    33.MLQN7.001ODD.BRACKET
    86.GDEN7.001SCREW.M2.0X3.0 (Qty:2 - bracket/drive)
    KO.0080D.019DVD.SMULTI.9.0MM.8X.SATA (Hitachi Lg Data Storage)
    KO.0080F.008DVD.SMULTI.9.0MM.8X.SATA (Philips Lite on Data Solutions)
    KO.0080F.011DVD.SMULTI.9.0MM.8X.SATA (Philips Lite on Data Solutions)
    42.GDZN7.001ODD.BEZEL.W/BUTTON/LED.BLACK

You should be able to place an order from these resellers:
    1. Link
    2. Link

France
  • McPuppa
    McPuppa Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

Good morning,

I'm writing from Italy, I own a new Aspire E5-575G-51GB and I found this thread looking for information about the thickness of the DVD player because I would like to replace the player with a secondary HDD (I already have a SDD and I don't want to buy an M.2 one) and I need to buy the right frame but I don't find any info if it's 9mm, 9.5mm or 12.7mm.

Reading this thread I just suppose it's 9mm but the model is not extact the same and I want to be sure. Smiley Happy

The italian support (also the technical one) didn't tell me nothing useful, so I try this forum that seems me better.

Another question, to extract the drive e refix the frame I only need to remove the screw near the driver or all the bottom cover?

regards