Aspire R11 r3-131t

Options
JaclynSmith7468
JaclynSmith7468 Member Posts: 5 New User
I factory reset my computer and now it has been installing windows for 6 days now. It has restarted a thousand times now but it only gets up to 80℅ then it starts over. I need help how can I fix it??

Answers

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    Options

Something is obviously wrong. How are you trying to reset it ?

• JaclynSmith7468
    Options
    I went to the settings and reset it to where it would delete everything
  • padgett
    Options

When it fails do you get an error message ? You may need to purchase a recovery disk from Acer if the built in recovery is failing and you do not have a backup.

• JaclynSmith7468
    Options
    It doesn't say that it's failing. It says installing windows your computer will restart several times so sit back and relax. Then it has the percentage and it always get up to 86℅ then restarts.
  • Deb2
    Deb2 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Mine has been doing the same thing!!!

• padgett
    Options

If it just keeps repeating, how are you doing the installation (from internal disk, download, external disk, ???) I wonder if the reboot is trying the wrong device.

• JaclynSmith7468
    Options
    I'm not sure I think it's internal. It won't allow you to access anything on the computer it is stuck on the installing windows page.
  • JaclynSmith7468
    Options
    I didn't get to pick where it rebooted from it automatically started reinstalling Windows after the factory reset.
  • padgett
    Options

Have you tried entering recovery mode by holding down ALT-F10 while pressing the power button to start then TroubleShoot>Advanced Options and select either System Restore or one of the other repair/startup options ?