Acer aspire V5-561PG-6819 - not getting windows 10 anniversary update (1607)

RonWHarding
RonWHarding Member Posts: 6 New User
edited March 2023 in 2016 Archives

I do not get offered the Anniversary update for Windows 10.

Anyone else seeing this issue?

Answers

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder

RonWHarding,

I don't see your computer on the list of computers that support Windows 10 Anniversary.  I'm not sure if that's a temporary situation or a permanent situation.  It's possible that's the reason why you aren't getting it.  

I did check and it appears Microsoft is still updating the previous Windows 10 version 1511 with security updates.

I can't really tell much difference between the Windows 10 versions.  So I don't think you're missing too much.

There's probably some hardware component on your computer that's not currently compatible with Anniversary. Again, not sure if that's temporary or permanent.  Microsoft might know.

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/windows10-update

You can ask Microsoft if your computer will be supported for Anniversary.

I don't work for Acer.

Edit: You could try to force it, but that might be a bad idea.  Not sure.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • RonWHarding

I have my main PC updated, as well as my Surface Pro 4 - There are a lot of subtle updates in in the anniversary update, and it is frustrating to not have them on the Acer. Seeing that this was out 4 months ago, and earlier if you count the insider program, this makes me wonder if the Acer will get the Creators update in March.

The whole point with Windows 10 is to always be up to date...

Acer needs to be a bit more transparent about this. I should be able to see if mine is set up to get the update or not.

Thanks for your reply!!

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder

Just to be on the safe side, please go to Settings>Update and Security>Windows Update>Update History.  Make sure you received some security updates in November. 

If you didn't receive any security updates in November, then your Windows Update is broken.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • RonWHarding

I will check....

• RonWHarding

looks like the AMD driver was causing the issue. I updated it from device manager, and now the 1607 update is loading