acer aspire e5-572g "warranty void if seal is broken" sticker removal

BadDog
BadDog Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in Aspire Laptops

i have bought a new acer aspire e5-572g which came with 4 gb of ram .it is still in warranty.now i want to upgrade the ram from 4 gb to 8gb but to do this i will have to open the back panel of the laptop.one of the screws of the back panel is covered with a sticker stating "warranty void is seal is broken"

now how am i supposed to increase the ram without voiding the warranty.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• Mary-Acer
    Mary-Acer Acer Crew Posts: 868 Acer Crew

The system will support up to 16GB memory but it is not considered user upgradeable because the mainboard and several components need to be removed to access the slots. If you feel comfortable installing memory it will not void your warranty. However if you damage the system by doing so, the repair can be subject to a fee to fix it. 

• BadDog
    BadDog Member Posts: 3 New User
    Thank you so much for information
  • MahinsWins
    MahinsWins Member Posts: 4 New User
    Did you ever have any warranty problems after this?
  • XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,581 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    edited March 2023

Does this still apply even in 2023? The seal was broken by an official service centre technician for display replacement and was not replaced.

Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 7,529 Pathfinder

Hi @MahinsWins and @XdxD

I have an Aspire5 a515-54G that I bought end 2019 and added a DDR4 RAM module the next year, tinkered with the boot sector on my mechanical HDD (trying to speed up the boot time) to the point it would not boot anymore (boot sector got corrupted). Still barely in the 1 one year warranty period I sent the laptop to Acer Manila, Philippines by DHL (I live in the country on a remotely located farm) and it was returned after 2 weeks with the latest Windows10 installed. No charges, no complaints from Acer about the broken seals😉

• XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,581 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!