Disabling Raid 1 Configuration G9-793

tceasar
tceasar Member Posts: 6 New User

Hey all,

I need help.  I'm a bit of a noob on this but my brother enabled Raid 1 through the Intel program via Windows.  That essentially took my 1TB and forced it to become in Raid Configuration.  I cannot seem to undo this as Acer Predator has disabled Raid Configuration. 

Can someone please give me step by step on how to remove this.  Again i'm a noob so don't expect me to know "basic" level things.

Thank you in Advance!

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

ok, please check if the HDD is listed on BIOS.

it's strange that the HDD is not available under Disk management.

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• tceasar

Hey thanks for the reply.  I did what was listed using diskpart, and after cleaning the drive, the drive no longer shows up anywhere.  disk management, partition tools, etc.  disappeared.

Any idea on how to get this back? 

Thanks again

• IronFly

have you set to AHCI instead of RAID on BIOS?

your HDD must be visible at least on disk management.

check if it's listed on BIOS too.

• tceasar

Hey, Thanks again.  I've followed all the steps including setting it  to ACHI.  

• IronFly
    Answer ✓

ok, please check if the HDD is listed on BIOS.

it's strange that the HDD is not available under Disk management.

• tceasar

Hey Iron, thanks again.  Since I'm a complete noob, I essentially used a windows USB to format the missing hard drive.  Again it wasn't showing up anywhere including device management.  No idea why that worked and nothing else did.  I do really appreciate your help and thankful for people like you!

• tceasar

thanks again.  Since I'm a complete noob, I essentially used a windows USB to format the missing hard drive.  Again it wasn't showing up anywhere including device management.  No idea why that worked and nothing else did.  I do really appreciate your help and thankful for people like you

• IronFly

You welcome. Smiley Happy