G9-593 Predatorsense overclock config missing turbo

billyboy961
billyboy961 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I recently had to reinstall windows and download the Predatorsense software again but this time i dont have the option to overclock and the system fan speed doesnt show up either.

im guessing the software used to be configured for my hardware and since reinstalling it uses some default profile config?

my 6300hq cpu is only running at 2.8ghz whereas before with the turbo it was hitting 3.2ghz.

can anyone help me to resolve this?

Answers

• billyboy961

Tinkerer

Can anyone help me with this?
    thanks

• densma
    densma Member Posts: 20

Tinkerer

yea. seem like it only work with original OS. seem issue here. I hope Acer can answer this or provide us a solution

• densma
    densma Member Posts: 20

Tinkerer

I did some test and this actually works on new OS dynamically.
    It's not configurable.. I had cpu boost up to 3.2 on heavy cpu task and return back to normal on idle.
  • billyboy961

Tinkerer

Ive noticed it working occasionally, it doenst seem to boost when i run Prime95 or a video converter tho

• vorob
    vorob Member Posts: 149 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon

That's because Acer store an old version of PredatorSence on its website, download newer version from here:

https://www.acer.com/ac/ru/RU/content/support-product/6965?b=1

It's fully compatible. Also you can instal proper version (but older then from 793) from disk which came with laptop.

This utility can overclock only GPU, cpu is un-overclockable. It will run 3100 on 4cores load, 3200 on 3cores load ... 3500 on one core load.

• Bro. HQ processors do not get overclocked. The "Turbo boost technology" is what boosts your CPU.

Look on your driver download page for your PC type and look for Turbo Boost.
    - Hotel Hero