When will Iconia Tab A210 receive android 4.2.x?

Options
bucegiomu
bucegiomu Member Posts: 2 New User

The tablet (running 4.1.1) has software problems:

* After using is for a bit (reading PDFs and/or browsing), the screen becomes much less responsive (taping keys on keyboard does nothing and scrolling the screen starts to be mistaken for a zoom operation). The only way to fix these issues is to switch off and on the screen. After that the screen responsiveness is OK for a while, then again the screen becomes unresponsive and I have to repeat the procedure outlined above. This bug may actually be in Android 4.1.1 (what the tablet is running) and not caused by Acer's software customizations. An update to 4.2.1 may fix these UI problems and also make the UI experience smoother.

* Also I noticed that the tablet forgets the touch panel sensitivity setting set after restart.

Acer, can we have a software update for this tablet to android 4.2.1, please?

Answers

• segyto
    segyto Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I agree with what has been said. Buy tablet for 1 month and already in the service shop, I hope that after one month when I return it is solved the problem with the Touch (incorrect keystrokes and pinch to zoom not made) if no solution will have to see that you can provide because it is clear that the product is not in accordance ...

• segyto
    segyto Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Tablet returned the official technical service. They say that nothing happens, so I still have a tablet that makes beats herself onscreen, that shame. Nor update of S.O..

• dbareford
    dbareford Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I have the EXACT same problem.  Help.

This discussion has been closed.