Aspire E5-473T frequent Blue Screen of Death

CdnFlyBoy
CdnFlyBoy Member Posts: 3 New User

Bought an Aspire e5-473T for my daughter in August as she was about to begin college.

Within days, we started getting random Blue Screen of Death (BSoD), on average one per day. My first thought was "Oh well, this should resolve itself with software updates".

Well, we are now a couple of months later, and many software updates later, and we are still seeing random BSoD, about once a day. They don't seem to be tied to any particular user action.

Did a virus check, did a RAM check, did a hard disk check. All good.

Finally, I decided to do a complete Windows 10 re-initialization. Windows 10 began the process of re-initializing itself, but gave up after a while, saying that "A problem had occured" and restored the laptop back to its state before I began the re-initialization process. Tried again, same results.

I've been looking on the Internet for other reports of BSoD on that laptop model, and I'm not really seeing anything. I suspect there is a problem with the laptop hardware.

Any suggestions? 

Answers

• Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru

First, do a power reset on your device, than you could try to reinstalling the original Windows.

Did you get an error code?

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.
  • CdnFlyBoy
    CdnFlyBoy Member Posts: 3 New User

By power reset, do you mean unplugging the laptop and removing its battery?

What method do you suggest for re-installing Windows 10? I tried a full reinitialization using the "Reset this PC" in the Recovery Control Panel. When I tried that, Windows said that "an error occurred" and could not reinitialize. There were no error codes or indications of the error was.

I asked my daughter to take pictures of the BSoD to record the error messages. In the past three days, we had at least three BSoD, with the following errors:

1. Corrupt Datapool
    2. IRQ Not Less Or Equal
    3. Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap