G9-593-77WF WiFi issues

keerf
keerf Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Hi Everyone,

I just picked up the G9-593-77WF this weekend from my local microcenter.

I seem to be having issues maintaining a stable wifi connection. I've tried different drivers, the stock one included in Windows, the ones that Killer supplies (and right now I am trying the current ones that Acer supplies).

It seems to vary, but I will get knocked off if I download a lot, or sometimes it will just bump me off. Typically the error message that follows the disconnect is:

WLAN AutoConfig detected limit connectivity, performing Reset/Recover.adapter.

I'm honestly not sure if I'm doing something wrong, or perhaps I need to just do a fresh format on Windows. Everything else so far with the laptop seems to be perfect, just seems to be the wifi.

Any suggestions?

Answers

• Ice-9
    Ice-9 Member Posts: 29

Tinkerer

Well, from what I've noticed, the 12 series drivers are garbage from Killer. Make sure you download the straight drivers, but the ones that I've not had an issue with are the 11 series (certain versions I believe the August release). I don't know what they changed in the 12, but my connection was rock solid under the 11 series with no issues. I went to update and problems started again. When they released the first itieration of the drivers back in august I noticed this issue, and I couldn't even connect to my router, I rolled back without any issue. It's definitely a driver issue, let me know if you need a link to the 11 series drivers and I'll be happy to post the file I have.

• keerf

Tinkerer

Thanks l you so much!

If you could send me those drivers, that would be great!

Thanks ks once again.
  • Ice-9

Tinkerer

Give these a shot bud.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/709i8yj3sz9b91a/Killer-Ethernet-Wireless_INF%20%281%29.zip?dl=0

I'm hoping the next update will fix these issues, because it's really a shame, the card does work fantastic, I connect bonded at 900mbps and I have zero issues, however the lag spikes and latency issues are something interfering with their coding and windows 10 AU. I haven't had that much time to review it as I do mostly vm development on mine and I'm hardwired but it is nice to use the wireless because it does work incredibly well (when the drivers aren't finicky and killer releases decent code.)

• keerf

Tinkerer

I will try them tonight!

Thank you once again! Saves me from pulling more of my hair out haha

• Ice-9

Tinkerer

ha cheers, feel your pain!

• Kathy-1
    Kathy-1 Member Posts: 167 Die Hard WiFi Icon

Hello everyone,

While our members are generally eager to provide useful information, be advised that Acer does not validate third party external links for downloads and is not responsible for them.

We also cannot attest to the safety of third party websites.

Acquiring files through such links is at the user’s own risk.