Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Acer Aspire V3-574G-7683 BIOS + clone HDD's content to SSD or make a clean install of windows

Hi everyone,

i have an Acer Aspire V3-574G-7683, and i would like to know the key (or combination of keys) to access the BIOS when you boot the computer.

I have had issues with my computer (hard drive usage to 99 or 100%, with my computer getting extremely slow, to the point i couldn't go on the Acer recovery program on Windows 8.1 - my system is 8.1 64 bits) and luckily i could read (it worked on my computer) that if you do ALT + F10 (i did both keys, maybe only F10 was enough i can't know) at the beginning of the boot you can access the recovery to get your computer back on the factory settings.

But here is my question : what if i want to replace the HDD (it's a 1To 5400rpm) to get the SSD i bought (Crucial MX300 750Go), would i be able to copy the content of my HDD (what i have on my HDD is clearly less than the 750Go of my SSD) + the partition that is used for the recovery (saved me today Smiley Very Happy) with the software Acronis True Image HD (given with the Crucial SSD) so that whenever i need to use the Acer Recovery in the future i will be able to do it from the SSD like it's possible on the HDD my computer came with ?

Last question : if i want to do a clean install of windows 8.1 or 10 (not use the Acer Recovery) i need to make a bootable DVD or USB drive with either Windows 8.1 or 10 downloaded from the ISO Microsoft puts on his website ?

And then i boot (what key allows me to get to the BIOS when booting the computer ? thanks) from the bootable DVD or USB drive i made from the Microsoft ISO ?

Thanks for your help.

FAQ & Answers