G9-793 -75MQ sata adpter part number

Nickhoo
Nickhoo Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2016 Archives

Hi all.

I just got myself a new G9 793-75MQ and i'm looking to upgrade my storage on it with a normal hard drive. as my laptop comes only with a 512 gb ssd i was thinking to add a 1 or 2 tb sata3 hdd... but the problem is that this laptop doesn't have any kind of adapter in it so i can easilly plug and play a sata3 hdd, it only comes with a conector on the mainboard underneath the back plate hidding ram and hdd slots.

so my question to acer is: whats the part number for rack and sata3 adapter on my laptop?

and another good one: from where can i get this parts since i'm from Romania?

thank all that can help, and excuse my english...

Best Answer

Answers

• SpeedMan
    SpeedMan Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

Hey, I'm interested as well since I have a similar version, with 256 GB SSD. Leaving a post for future replies.
    (Now I know why they are so cheap in Romania compared to other EU countries, no HDD and no Windows Smiley LOL )
  • Nickhoo
    Nickhoo Member Posts: 3 New User
    Hi. I don't know about you but it cost me 2000euro and the avarage wage is 400 euro/month... i really don't consider it cheap
  • bOG
    bOG Member Posts: 1 New User
    Answer ✓

I bought one from evomag and had the same problem. Called their acer service and it's 35 euro for an adapter and a case for the HDD. I haven't ordered it yet but I probably wil tomorrow. 

http://www.acerspareparts.eu/product/33355/Acer-HDD-Cable/

• robert24
    robert24 Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi, beside the cable do you need a HDD bracket? On Acer Spare Parts, there is an SSD Bracket, is that to mount the HDD/SSD (to fit and not move) or is that for the second M2 SSD? Cheers

https://www.acerspareparts.co.uk/product/33367/Acer-SSD-Bracket/ 

• SpeedMan

Tinkerer

Yes, you need a HDD Bracket ... it's actually just a plastic cover

hdd_bracket_edited.jpg

And the SSD bracket is this thing :

ssd_bracket_edited.jpg

• robert24

any ideas from where I can get the HDD Bracket in UK?  Acer Spare Parts do not have it, or didn't see it. Thanks

• SpeedMan

Tinkerer

I contacted Acer Support Service in my country and they ordered for me. I think you should do the same, just to make sure there isn't any confusion and you get the right part.
  • robert24

Do you rember the price on it? thanks !

• SpeedMan

Tinkerer

It was 20Euro and 15 for the Cable

• EmperorBorg
    EmperorBorg Member Posts: 21 Networker

No poit in opening a new thread, but how exactly is that cable called ? Can any small SATA cable be used or is it a special part ? 

• EmperorBorg
    EmperorBorg Member Posts: 21 Networker

So what's the actual part  number of the SATA cable ?