This is the worst laptop, if not computer I have ever owned.

Options
Horriblelaptop
Horriblelaptop Member Posts: 2 New User

I bought the Acer Black V-17 Nitro edition LAST year on black friday. I can honestly say that this is the worst computer I have ever owned in my life. This is a post to warn all users away from Acer products, especially their laptops. This is a short list which I will elaborate on later because right now I am angry. Please respond Acer.

1. Using system recovery (via windows 10 OS app) crashes the system. I had to buy an "Acer recovery media" USB flashdrive just to get the OS/laptop to work again.

2. Specs are not what you believe, constant bottle necking and stuttering on games with well above the requirements.

3. 16GBs of RAM? More like 4. You are getting LESS for your money.

4. Onboard graphics card messes with nivida resulting in lower performence on an already less-than-stellar GTX 960M

4. Windows 10 systems do not work properly

5.Web browser is constantly freezing, pausing, etc etc.

6. Gaming laptop? One of the most horrible gaming experiences in my entire life. I spent $1000 a year ago for a BAD gaming laptop I suppose. '

7. Constant overheating issues even with no internet tabs / gaming even being open.

8. Trackpad issues, even after being turned off for a mouse.

9. The entire laptop comes with so much bloatware, even the USB recovery.

This is by far the worst computer I have ever owned. Please stay away from acer laptops if you value your money paid per dollar. I also have all information on hand for Acer techs, I have called you guys before. Also this is the model I bought from Newegg, although this is an amazon link. https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Aspire-VN7-791G-792A-17-3-Inch-Gaming/dp/B00WJSQRN0

Answers

• ChuckTin
    ChuckTin Member Posts: 20 Networker
    Options

Hmm, my Nitro came with Win 8.1. Am currently researching the Upgrade to Windows 10.

Did you upgrade?

Perhaps your upgrade didn't go entirely well?

• Horriblelaptop
    Horriblelaptop Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I am sorry I linked the "wrong" model which has windows 8.1 instead of 10. Windows 10 came installed on the laptop. It is by far the worst Operating system I have ever seen.

• ChuckTin
    Options
    I'm still trying to understand. Are you talking about the same computer as mine? An Aspire V17 Nitro Black with Win 8.1 factory installed, or something else?
  • OzairAkhlaq
    OzairAkhlaq Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

Options

I have the same laptop as yours. It came with win10. I got the anniverssary update but it was failing for some reason. I had to reset my device. Thats all the problem I got till now. Else nothing is wrong. Performance is good and all the specs are as mentioned.

• ChuckTin
    Options
    I'd keep mine at 8.1, tho I dislike metro, except my desktop and previous laptop are already at 10. PITA.