Controlling P6600 by RS232 doesn't work

Fireh
Fireh Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

We use HDBaseT and for that reason we use the P6600 projector. We currently have 5 projectors and are about to get 4 more, but we are not able to control it by using the RS232 in any way. I have contacted the Swedish support, but they doesn't know and escalated the question. The first answer wasn't complete and I'm still waiting for the sollution, that was a few weeks ago. We can't really wait since the projectors are installed in disaster management centers.

The problem:

Nothing happens when sending commands to the projector.

We use the Kramer Control System to send commands by RS232, but it doesn't work with a direct connection between my computer and the projector either. I get no response what so ever from the projector. To make sure it has nothing to do with the projector being powered off, I've manually powered it on and the try to read the power status, lamp status, source status, change of source, etc. But I don't get anything in return.

I have also tried to send the commands by LAN, wich is supposed to work. Then I need to know if it is TCP or UDP and what port that should be used. The projector also supports controlling through the HDBaseT connection, but when sending it in the HDBT-signal from the Kramer VP-558 nothing happens.

So... there are three ways to control the projector, but I can't get any of them to work. I'd like to use the RS232 and usually there is no problem with any equipment, but this projector just doesn't do anything Smiley Sad

I have asked for the exact settings in the projector, no answer from your support. In the manual under LAN it says "If users want to do LAN control under standby mode, change VGA OUT (Standby) from Off to On.". I have done that. The Control Channel is also set to "RS232/LAN". From what I can see, theese two settings are the only settings in the menus. Usually there is no need to configure anything for the RS232 to work.

And ideas?

Answers

• Hello,

Do you know this document?

May be you send the wrong hexa codes via RS232.

France
  • Fireh

Tinkerer

Hello,

yes I have. I've tried both Character and HEX. Is the projector sending something on RS232 when I manually start the projector? I don't see any "talking" on the RS232.

• Hello,

Could you check the COM port settings of your computer:

• Baud rate: 9600
    • Data bits: 8
    • Parity: None
    • Stop bits: 1
    France
  • Fireh

Tinkerer

The settings are correct.

I've recieved a reply from the Swedish support again on Monday and they referred to pages 76-77 in the Service Manual. The thing is that the Service Manual is not available for download on the website and the User Manual (if they meant that one) only have 71 pages. I've asked them to send it but havn't recieved anything yet. Does anyone have it?