Acer Z530 displays Warning on boot: Your CID is incorrect. What does it mean?

rhodell005
rhodell005 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 18 in 2018 Archives

My Brand New Acer Z530 displays Warning on boot: Your CID is incorrect. What does it mean? How to resolve this? The phone works fine though, but its rather annoying.

Screenshot_2016-11-15-16-05-14.png

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

the installed android version doesn't match the phone SKU.

please contact your seller.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • rhodell005

I purchased this online at a discounted price (maybe that explains the discount). It's really troublesome to send it back. Is there any workaround? Acer website provides stock firmware for the device, and i'm thinking of flashing it. I wanna know if someone else has encountered this (or has tried flashing stock firmware)

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    I never seen this before, you can try to flash a stock version but sometimes the installation check the version of the installed OS.

By the way, it's worth a try.
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • rhodell005

I searched the net a bit and if CID stands for Carrier Identification number, this phone mave have been manufactured from a different region with a certain phone carrier, and unlocked. (making the device not factory unlocked). I'll do some research first before trying to flash (i might brick my phone you know).

• mizuko
    mizuko Member Posts: 1 New User

My Brand New Acer Z530 displays Warning on boot: Your CID is incorrect. What does it mean? How to resolve this? The phone works fine though, but its rather annoying.

Screenshot_2016-11-15-16-05-14png

http://download1638.mediafire.com/6cugjhlxnufg/534kodoxyj9k9l0/Liquid+Z530+by+osiris.rar