Switch Alpha 12 - Screen won't auto rotate

Options
bturley28
bturley28 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives

I just got my Acer Switch Alpha 12 back from Acer to get my "LCD Module" replaced and I'm playing around with it to make sure all is well. I noticed that my Acer won't auto rotate the screen. I can manually rotate the screen in the settings menu but I have no button either to rotate the screen in the action center. There's no option in settings to turn on or check auto orientation.

When I got my Acer back from Acer, I noticed that my windows recovery partition had been changed (updated to a newer version probably) and had removed all of the programs except 3 realtek drivers (so no bloatware or even office "get started"). Was there a program that allows for auto rotation? I have the most updated version of my HD 520 graphics driver and have anniversary edition of windows 10. Before I got my screen replaced by Acer, the auto rotation worked just find.

Any help would be great.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,838 Trailblazer
    Options

If you fire up Device Manager does it show any issues? I'm not sure which device would be the culprit, but I'm betting you have a driver missing or corrupt (maybe one of the sensor devices?).

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • idontcareaboutt
    idontcareaboutt Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

If you have Spybot Anti-Beacon, there's an option to disable sensors.  Presumably, other Windows 10 privacy software might have a similar setting.

• ChrsPaps
    ChrsPaps Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

If you have Spybot Anti-Beacon, there's an option to disable sensors.  Presumably, other Windows 10 privacy software might have a similar setting.

You saved me ! I was searching for the reason my rotation stopped working and found your post. Spot ON ! :)