Revo Suite can't find my system

CaelynTek
CaelynTek Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited March 2023 in 2016 Archives

I have a Revo One with Windows 10, purchased from Amazon. I also have a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 with Marshmallo 6.0.1

I downloaded the Revo Suite app in hopes of using my phone as a remote controll, as was widely published it could. Unfortunately, the Revo Suite app can't find my Revo One when it searches for it. Bluetooth IS definitely turned on my Revo One, because I can use my bluetooth headset with it. But the Revo Suite app says there is nothing there. I tried it with the Revo Suite app on the PC turned on, just in case that was neccessary. . . but that didn't work either.

Am I missing something?

Thanks for any help you might provide.

Answers

• Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru

Your smartphone must be on the same wireless network to locate and connect to your Revo. If your phone does not see the Revo, make sure they are both using the same wi-fi network.

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.
  • CaelynTek

Tinkerer

I thought it used bluetooth? The Revo Suite app automatically turns on bluetooth when it starts up.

• bombaclot
    bombaclot Member Posts: 3 New User

Same problem here. Have you found a way to fix it yet? It's very annoying since the wireless keyboard and mouse just can't reach my living room and using my phone to control the computer on the couch would be perfect.

Acer-Karp wrote:

Your smartphone must be on the same wireless network to locate and connect to your Revo. If your phone does not see the Revo, make sure they are both using the same wi-fi network.

This doesn't work either. I have my phone always connected to wi-fi, the same one that the Revo uses. And like CaelynTek said, what does that have to do with it since the Revo Suite app uses bluetooth anyway?

• bombaclot

bombaclot wrote:

Same problem here. Have you found a way to fix it yet? It's very annoying since the wireless keyboard and mouse just can't reach my living room and using my phone to control the computer on the couch would be perfect.

Acer-Karp wrote:

This doesn't work either. I have my phone always connected to wi-fi, the same one that the Revo uses. And like CaelynTek said, what does that have to do with it since the Revo Suite app uses bluetooth anyway?

Would be very much apprecieated if the Acer Crew here would even acknowledge this issue. I have connected my Samsung S7 running Android 7.0 with Windows 10 and there's no problem whatsoever there. I have tried pretty much everything with Acer Revo Suite running on both my computer and phone, but nothing seems to help me connect the two together. If there's a fix, that would be excellent of course, but even a reply saying you're working on it would indicate that you care about your customers. After all, for me at least, using my phone to control the computer was one of the major factors in deciding to get a Revo One.

• CaelynTek

Tinkerer

I know right?

• bombaclot

Aaaaaand still no answer.