Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

acer aspire es 15 es1-522-82uj tips before first use

Hi i've bought acer aspire es 15 es1-522-82uj

At the min it's still in it's unopened box. Anyone got any tips/tweeks on keeping it running at it's best before i start to use it.

I won't be using it to download/play games/watcing movies,(may-be odd youtube clip)

Main use will be online shopping/banking/facebook.

Also can anyone tell me which files/folders i should look in when i first start up or after windows have updated/installed mcafee.  

So that i can make a list then.then if i have any problems at a later date i can look in the folder/file and know i can delete anything that wasn't there when i first looked.

thank you for any advice

FAQ & Answers

• Hi,

Get a Macrium reflect free, install it, make an image of your disk to an external HDD and create a recovery disk/USB, it's better to create a full image backup every week, month or quartely according to your needs, you don't need to worry about loosing your important work.

http://www.macrium.com/webtutorial/tutorial.asp

If you are talking about the McAffe trial version, I don't use any third party AV programs but it's a personal choice, they tend to slow down and they are not better than resident Windows Defender, most important security is you the user, don't open any email attachments from unknown person, browse carefully while using Windows Defender, as I mentioned earlier, if ,you keep backup regularly, even if you get infected, you can go back to a clean system.

• JordanBJordanB Posts: 3,033ACE Pathfinder
    I'm not an Acer employee.