Acer Aspire V Nitro Black Edition VN7-792G-709L

catadurac
catadurac Member Posts: 3 New User

Hello,

I have a problem with my Acer ASpire V Nitro Black Edition Laptop - Ultra HD screen.

I have Windows 10 November Update.

From time to time, but not the same period, the screen suddenly goes blank for a second.

I suspect this to be a driver problem.

I tried the acer driver and also the WIndows 10 generic one.

Any ideas to what tests I can do? Or is it a driver in the works for that version of Win 10?

The embedded video card is Intel HD Graphics 530.

Thank you.

Answers

• catadurac

In this review:

http://www.digitalcitizen.life/acer-aspire-v-nitro-vn7-592g-black-edition-review-stylish-portable-gaming?page=1

It mentions the same problem:

We noticed on occasion random one-second blackouts of the screen, but this is most likely a driver fault ...

Anyone else having the same problem and found a solution?

• Shumayal
    Shumayal Member Posts: 58 Die Hard WiFi Icon

I have the VN7-592G-747C and I can report no such screen going blank issues. Can you please share what do you think 'triggers' the screen flicker?

The issue that I face is with the touchpad being stuttering while scrolling through some webpages and the audio popping/static sounds from the speakers occasionally.

• catadurac

It's nothing that I do to trigger it. I thought about this and I simply left Windows untouched after bootup. And it eventualy got black for a second.

I suspect the driver for embedded card or something to do with the resolution, i don't know.

Maybe someone from Acer can solve this or eventualy a new driver for the November Edition of Win 10.