V5-571G - fn keys won't work (tried everything)

hnasir
hnasir Member Posts: 4 New User

After upgrading to windows10, fn keys won't work. I have reinstalled all drivers. I have reinstalled launch manager, and can see it running in the task manager. I have also tried reverting to an older version of launch manager. Is there anything else I can do?

What's bothering me the most are the backlit keys. The light does turn off itself after 30ish seconds, but I want to turn it OFF! HELP ME!

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,018 Trailblazer

Hello,

May be this version for Windows 10 64-bit:

LaunchManagerAcerLaunch Manager8.00.811615.8 MB2015/08/20Download

About the backlit function, have you tried loading the default settings in the bios setup utility.

France
  • hnasir

Thank you for your reply laurent!

I installed your version of Launch Manager, and now the backlit is on all the time. it is not powering off like before. I can see it in the task manager also.

I do not know the BIOS settings. Is it simple? Would yoube able to guide me through it?

Thank you!

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,018 Trailblazer

Hello,

Do the other fn keys work now?

To access to the bios utility, see this topic. Once you'll be in this utlity:

• Press [F9] to load the default settings.
    • Press [F10] to save and exit
    • Your laptop will restart automatically.
    France
  • hnasir

Hi, 

I reset to default settings. But still same issue. Is it possible to check whether the function key itself is working? Maybe everything is okay except the Fn key?