Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

New Acer Aspire E15. Touchpad very hard and difficult to move without picking up numerous cells.

I have a month old Acer Aspire E 15 laptop. Its touchpad is very hard and for normal touch it just keeps roaming picking up cells. It can only be stopped by taking off the finger and then carefully taking cursor to an empty cell and press hard to click so the several picked up cells get released and I can work further. I tried Fn+F7 suggested by a forum member but it acts only an On/Off switch for the touchpad. Press Fn+F7 and it goes off, press again it comes back. But the hardness remains. A click with the touchpad means press the touchpad hard till it literally 'clicks'. Looks like the machine will be usable only with a mouse. Before I had a Lenovo and never faced any such problem. Anyone faced such a problem?And any solutions? 

FAQ & Answers

• Hi,

If you have Precision Touchpad in your laptop, go to Settings, Devices and select mouse and touchpad, try disabling features one by one and test whether it resolves the problem, when you say that you have to press hard, did you mean physically? If it is, then it may be a hardware problem and needs a technicians attention.

Capture.JPG