The USB 3.1 port on my Aspire E5-575G does not work.

Options
johnsy
johnsy Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2016 Archives

The computer does not recognize anything I plug into the port. My Acer originally came with Windows 8 and now I am running Windows 10.  Did I lose a driver in the transition?  I've tried all the Windows updates and Acer's, but maybe I missed one.  No one else seems to have this problem on this forum.  Any ideas?

Best Answer

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options

1. Unplug your power supply and reboot.

2. If you are not at the 1.15 Bios version, download and install it.

3. Shut down, remove power and turn over, find the tiny battery reset hole and using a paperclip, gently press into the hole until you feel a click and hold for 5 seconds. Plug in and try.

4. Go to device Manager, Universal Serial Bus controllers and click the arrow. Right click on the USB 3.0 controller and select Update driver software. 

5. Go here http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

find your model and install the (correct for your system) chipset driver and Serial I/O driver.

Answers

• philetus
    Answer ✓
    Options

1. Unplug your power supply and reboot.

2. If you are not at the 1.15 Bios version, download and install it.

3. Shut down, remove power and turn over, find the tiny battery reset hole and using a paperclip, gently press into the hole until you feel a click and hold for 5 seconds. Plug in and try.

4. Go to device Manager, Universal Serial Bus controllers and click the arrow. Right click on the USB 3.0 controller and select Update driver software. 

5. Go here http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

find your model and install the (correct for your system) chipset driver and Serial I/O driver.

• johnsy
    johnsy Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I installed all of the updates recommended above, and nothing seemed to change. So I shut down.

This morning I turned on the Acer Laptop and then plugged "My Passport" into the USB "C" 3.1 port and the computer recognized it and and I could read the contents in Explorer. I have no idea which of the updates installed solved the problem. Because yesterday after each update, nothing changed.

Thank you very much for the help.

• philetus
    Options

It usually takes a reboot after a driver install.

• NateDawg
    NateDawg Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I have two Acer Aspire E5-575G-728Q  laptops and the USB 3.1 ports do not work on either one. I have followed the above steps and still nothing. Says all software is up to date. I have tried two different devices on usb 3.1 and neither works. Anything else I can try? These laptops are awesome except for the usb 3.1 ports not working.