Acer Aspire E5-553G-1986 laptop questions

DeadlyJames
DeadlyJames Member Posts: 2 New User

So I bought a Acer Aspire E5-553G laptop last night from Newegg as part of their sell to replace my old 5 year old gaming laptop which is having Video issues. I saw a lot of great things on this laptop but some things I want to add to it so here is a few questions for you all

1) Where can I get a internal DVD Drive for it? I saw in many pictures there is a spot for it so I was going to put one in since my Wife and I watch movies on my laptop when everyone is in bed.

2) If I was to do a fresh install (since I like a clean OS) Can I just go to the AMD Website or will I have to do the drivers from here I am conserned because my last laptop had peopblems with AMD Drivers and made me use 4 year old software.

3) how is the Display on the monitor honestly I saw from a few videos that the display was not great.

Thanks for answering I hope hear back from everyone.

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,018 Trailblazer

Hello,

I can help you about the DVD drive. When you'll receive your laptop:

If you remove the dummy ODD (only one screw located on the bottom of the laptop), do you see a SATA connector in the bottom of the housing?

LT-ODD SATA connector

France
  • DeadlyJames
    DeadlyJames Member Posts: 2 New User

I understand how to pop one out but I want to buy one for my Laptop and wanted to make sure I was getting a correct one for my laptop. If You got a serial number for the part that would be great or even a page for where to get it I just has to play DVD if it plays BD then it is a plus