My tab iconia a1-810 stuck at "easing"

Dragon_Element
Dragon_Element Member Posts: 6 New User
edited March 4 in 2018 Archives
I have been having a lot of issues with this tablet but most of the time, a factory reset is all that I need to do to fix it. So, I did a reset and was hoping the issue will be fixed, that's with pressing the power and volume up button together for a few seconds then choosing the factory reset. After it turned back up, it showed the acer logo then went to the android logo saying "erasing", which I have never seen before, then it turned off, went to the acer logo then to the erasing screen. I tried to do the pinhole thing but it is still the same. Please help!!

Best Answer

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

if your tablet has android 4.2 version, you can try to reflash the OS (click on OS tab and choose the correct image version )(download of about 430MB):

http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/4756;-;A1-810

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Dragon_Element
    how to reflash the OS can u tell me ?
  • IronFly
    You need to copy the zip file on the download link to a microSD, put the microSD in your tablet, the press the same buttons you used to factory reset and choose to apply update from zip or SD.
  • Dragon_Element
    they have 12 O.S. can u tell me what should download?
  • IronFly
    I can't tell you, since it depends on which one is installed on your tablet.
  • Dragon_Element
    it not working i press volume+ and power button it still same
  • Dragon_Element
    it still say "erasing"
  • IronFly

http://www.hardreset.info/devices/acer/acer-a1-810-iconia-tab/

so you are not able to enter recovery as on step 5?

• znouza
    znouza Member Posts: 1 New User

I'm in the sm situation... a1-810, tried factory reet, it failed. After then every restart ended up showing green droid and moving progress bar, no text, I'm not able to get back to recovery mode (power btn + vol up).

any ideas? thanks

• dannaj
    dannaj Member Posts: 1 New User

My Iconia a1 -810 also stuck with erasing and cannot proceed in rebooting the system. I wish to download an OS from the Acer support website- but there were 12 Options to choose from!

Acer pls help us? Can you identify what we should do and if we have to put OS, which one it should be? I never upgraded the OS since I bought it...so its still Jelly 4.2

• Yana
    Yana Member Posts: 2 New User

i have the same problem and that doesnt help me because i cant enter recovery... its just stuck on the erasing screen all the time.

• Saseca
    Saseca Member Posts: 1 New User
    Me to
    Someone know what to do? 
  • ronniegoldman
    ronniegoldman Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

I have same problem as above with my tablet.
    Solution: I am buying a new tablet, another brand >>> never again Acer anything again, nor would ever I recommend to my wide circle of friends. 

• ilgisiz
    ilgisiz Member Posts: 1 New User
    hello. ı have same problem. I downloaded OS, added my sd card and put my tablet. but it did'nt work. I can't open boot menu (power+volume up) and always İt is in  "deleting" mode. I guess, my tablet is mortingen strasse :(