Where can i get a power supply for my acer aspire easystore h340?

Gooniegoogoo
Gooniegoogoo Member Posts: 8 New User

Ok....

Troubleshooting  my 2nd Unit. Put in a fresh CMOS Battery, put in a brand new 2GB DDR2-PC800 memory stick

No hard drives.

Power Light comes on......no other lights activate......Case fan just jiggles for a second.

Seems like a Power Supply Issue....hooked up 24-Pin power adapter & 4-Pin to a Power Supply tester......and the LCD did not even light up. As there is no rear switch for the power supply, it should light up if there is power.

Anyone know where to obtain a replacement Power supply for an Acer Aspire Easystore H340 (or have instructions on how to modify an existing 200W Server PSU that will fit the case.....I figure you could reuse the proprietary board connecters if you have solder skills).??

The Part # & info of the Power Supply is :

PSU DELTA GPS-200AB B 200W

100-240V S1

SPS 200W 1U DELTA GPS-200AB B PY.20009.001

I have searched the internet and have not been able to find anything. Does Acer sell this part?

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,018 Trailblazer

Hello,

You can install this one without any problems:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA3AN1181766

France
  • Gooniegoogoo

So this replacement power supply has the 8-pin P3 connector which connects to the SATA Backplane which everyone seems to find difficult to find a PS unit with???

I can provide a picture as needed.

• Gooniegoogoo

Just to follow up on this.....unfortunately that link does not provide the Power Supply for the Acer Aspire H340 as it has a unique P3 8-Pin connector that goes to the SATA backplane.

I ordered the power supply from the link and the one I received was much larger and had SATA connectors instead of the P3. I worked with customer service but they were unable to locate a micro-atx sized power supply with the P3 connector in their inventory.

Ah well.....guess I will try modding a 3rd party 220W Micro-Atx Power Suppy with the P3 line from the old power supply (Only $ 29 at Micro Center). Will tell you how it goes....

Worse comes to worse I'll take out the SATA Backplane and install the power supply directly and run 1 or 2 drives.